Friday, July 25, 2008

My dog Jojo


My dog Jojo died on 21st July,2008. :(
He was very dear to me and served my family for almost 12 years. He became a part of our family as a 3 months old puppy. My younger sister named her Jojo. He was the best dog one can have. A German spitz by breed, Jojo was very cute and naughty.
Jojo suffered some health complications when around 6 years back he was a victim of testicular infection, which led to removal of one his testicles. Post surgery poor creature had to suffer lot of pain when he was forcibly tied to his bed so that he does not touch the dressings. Jojo got well in few weeks. Jojo loved to eat tomatoes, papaya, chicken bones and orange bar.
Since last year due to age Jojo was little lethargic and caught germicidal infection in his leg. MY mother used to take great care of him. Also he was growing abnormaly in size. We all feared of abdominal tumor but vet denied.I really regret that I was not at his side during his last days.
Just before the fateful day he was unable to move and perform any activity. The following day he laid motionless tied to his chain. Vet told that there was a paralytic attack because of which he was not able to move.
We all knew that Jojo will be leaving us soon because of his age but this painful end was a heavy blow. May God rest his soul in Peace.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Imminence can be felt by your words. Tear-Jerking. I also pray for peace of Jojo's Soul.

Unknown said...

a very sad dismisal...i also prayed to bless his soul...really pets r more than family members..